Blank message body in OE6

Discussion in 'Software' started by eaglestar3, Nov 22, 2007.

1. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

After download/install of new PayPal OE6 won't display message bodies. Headers still show and messages can be forwarded OK, but nothing displays in either the preview window or full open. Also no display in compose. Some attachments seem to be OK (background music plays) but nothing else.
    Any help greatly appreciated

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

May I ask, what is there to install? I have a PayPal account but have never installed anything from PayPal. That's not necessary just to have a PayPal account and use PayPal to make payments, such as on ebay.com.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Good point to make considering how often paypal is phished!

5. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

The PayPal was an update to the virtual debit card. They announced it some time ago and have been sending reminders. My wife finally got around to it and after completing the update her OE went neurotic. Don't know how much local resident component there is on it.

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I hope she logged onto Paypal and then did her business. Never click the email links, too many false ones and you lose all your information. Please log into your Paypal account and check that everything is ok, maybe change your password. These guys make a valid point I overlooked.

7. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

The PayPal update was through their own virtual debit card utility, no email link involvement.

Regsvr32 did not fix the OE problem. Tried scannow and that didn't work either. After following some other suggestions we now have IE problems, which I will post in a new thread.

8. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Can you tell us exactly where PayPal users go to get this virtual debit card utility? I visited PayPal, logged on, but couldn't find it.

9. eaglestar3

eaglestar3 Private E-2

I believe it's a feature of PayPal Premium. It's my wife's account. Every time you want to make an online purchase you click the icon and it generates a unique, one-time use debit card. It's a great way to defeat anyone intercepting card numbers.

10. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds