deleting user profile

Discussion in 'Software' started by gooble, Jan 22, 2005.

1. gooble

gooble Private E-2

Just wanted to make sure that it is OK to delete a user profile that I never use now , will I loose any data! I only want to log on to Admin now and delete my other profile.

XP pro SP2

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You would lose any data that is stored with the user profile being deleted.

In otherwords you'll lose everything in the folder C:\documents and settings\username

A users desktop is stored in C:\documents and settings\username\Desktop, so you'll lose anything on the deleted users desktop.

If you really arn't sure just check the folder for the username you're deleting.

3. Bear_Nunya

Bear_Nunya Private E-2

Incorrect, you will be offered the choice of whether or not to delete the files for that user account. Please see screen shot

[​IMG]

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Yeah I was assuming he knew that was there, since it's really quite hard to delete an account without seeing that screen. I was just trying to define what files that would include since windows doesn't tell you everything that is in the users dir on that screen.

5. Bear_Nunya

Bear_Nunya Private E-2

No hard feelings Coco, I was just trying to help. Sorry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds