Just picked up the waterchill kit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joe, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

well not really, ordered it, should arrive next week. Let you guys know how it goes. Picked up an extra 80mm sunon fan, couldn't believe my look (extremely cheap extremely high quality fans) they are used on the vapochill range. No digi camera though, anybody be interested if i wrote a little guide on making a system silent? also both soem sound proofing gear.

Btw cashy can't believe you recommend stiftech over this beauty

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Very nice Joe

YEP I would be interested like many other is a guide to building a silent water cooled system..... pitty on the digi cam tho as pics would ahve been a nice addition to go with a guide.

ps. where did you get the Vaporchill from? ( Overclockers maybe )

3. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

joe, only if you use the spellchecking word has, that way it's understandeable for even those that aren't fluent in English ;):D

btw, where'd you get it from?

4. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

Did I do that, sorry, must of been the lack of sleep.

'Welcome to the Waterchill Club :D:D:D

5. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

i got if from overclockers.co.uk, set me back about 330 euro, including all the other gear.
    Halo i didn't get the Vapochill just the waterchill, same company. IF your interested in the vapochiull check this out

Irish site

6. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

Cashy, so irox claims anyway, i personally knew you had more style. Might take photos with an ordinary camera and scan them in.

7. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

I think I recommended the waterchill, then the swiftech one.
    he was looking for a big dollar system.

8. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

Yes you can Buy additional VGA and northbridge coolers. I just bought the extra VGA waterblock though, whats the point in watercooling the northbridge.

I don't know about performance wise, but style, and design of the waterchiil is better then the swiftech, and is a very high quality syste. Also the waterblock is compatible with AMD's next generation of CPU's, so if you upgrade you board in the future you can keep the same cooling system.

9. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

Yes it will, i think the swiftech is off a high engineering quality, and that drainage system is nice, but its bulky and i don't see any real performance gains.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2003
  10. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=546&page=1

I wouldn't recommend colours, as they are corrosive to the elements in the system. Wouldn't know about the amercian price different. Surely you knwo how much the swiftech one costs. The Waterchill would be about 250 US dollars.

I don't think any watercooling system should be easy to install, you should take you time and do all the tests. But waterchill would probably be the easyest to handle.

11. Joe

Joe =CENSORED=

All dyes build up tiny layers on the watercooling equipments which may result in corrosion. They sell it because some people except the risks involved. Since your running a system under high pressure for extended hours you may have a problem. This is also why you never use tape water, always distilled water, as copper will react with minerials in ordinary water and turn a green colour. I'm not saying your system will break, just saying that i won't be using dyes because they are corrosive, not matter what. You are given a free bottle of anti corrosive liquid, how much protection this gives, i don't know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds