HP printer prints blank pages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by delight, Feb 1, 2012.

1. delight

delight Private E-2

My HP Photosmart D7560 prints blank pages. I have tried everything recommended to no avail. I tried to re-align ink cartridges..get error message "failed". Replaced and cleaned ink cartridges. No help. Doesn't seem to matter which program I try to print from...just blank pages. Unplugged/restarted etc. Nothing. I have not yet tried to uninstall and reinstall...?
    I am running Windows XP. It used to print fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Your printhead may be clogged or finally worn out. You can try to clean it by removing it and then letting it soak in warm water. Some people have had success letting it run under fairly warm water to loosen any clogs. Follow the procedure here to remove the head. Put the cartridges in a zip lock bag to keep them from drying out. Also make sure you do not lose any of the rubber washers if HP uses them like on canon printers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01503466&product=3396085

This is for canon heads but the same should apply to the HP head. I would use warm water instead of the ammonia mixture.

http://www.castleink.com/_a-clean-canon-print-heads.html

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

HP puts the print head on the cartridge. Since the OP said he replaced the print cartridge, it isn't a print head problem.

I'm not sure what to suggest. I have a friend with an HP that refused to print yellow. All the other colors printed fine. It just stopped printing yellow one day. He also replaced the cartridge and it still refused to print yellow. We never figured out the problem so he got rid of the printer.

So even the test page doesn't print? Any flashing lights?

Just the word failed and nothing else?

4. tgell

I beg to differ on the head being in the cartridge on that particular model. HP used to put the heads in the cartridges but now are moving to a head similar to Canon.

In my link you can see that the head is a separate unit.

Figure 9: Removing the printhead

[​IMG]

5. delight

delight Private E-2

Oh my...I took out the printhead and cleaned it as suggested. Now I get a flashing red light, and the message to turn off & on printer. I did this several times. The message I get is "INK SYSTEM FAILURE!" This printer is only a couple of years old, and I seldom use it. I guess I'll have to buy another? It is an HP Photosmart D7560...ink guzzler! Can anyone suggest another brand which is not so expensive to operate, or should I try to buy a new printhead for this one? Thanks very much for your help! I really appreciate the fast responses! Cheers! :)

6. tgell

When you got the Ink System Failure, did it throw an error code?

7. delight

delight Private E-2

Yes TGEL... it is OXC19A0020.....thanks again..:)

8. tgell

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Thanks tgell for the HP printer info. Most of my HP printers are from 2003 and earlier! I see no need to junk a printer as long as it still works and mine do.

10. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I have had a ton of issues with an HP l7680 & another l76x model, I forget the number right now.
    But they have ink carts and separate print heads. I have tried water, "rubbing" alcohol, then while googling I saw a 'magic bullet print head cleaner". Got me to thinking what it could be, then figuring it may be something like a denatured alcohol I looked at home depot and found..
    The Klean-Strip 1 qt. SLX Denatured Alcohol can be used inside and outside of your home. It helps clean glass, printing inks, metal, porcelain and non-lacquered jewelry.
    And that help bring the print head back to life.
    Try at your own risk!

11. tgell

Yea, I think HP is moving is this direction. Replacing these printheads cost about as much as the printer and they eventually give up the ghost after so many prints. I have an old Lexmark that still works. It has the cartridges with the built-in print heads and they are very easy to refill. I can refill the cartridges for pennies, and the cartridges are not chipped. :) I like it also when I do buy a new cartridge, I get a new print head. My grandfather always told me to never throw anything away if it still worked. I guess he got that from living through the Great Depression.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds