PNY USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by msgeek24, Jan 29, 2011.

1. msgeek24

msgeek24 Private E-2

I just bought a 16g PNY USB Flash drive, connected it and a dialog box appeared asking if I wanted to password protect it so I entered a password and another dialog box appeared informing me that the password cound not be set. Thinking it was the paticulary password I used I tried a different password just for it to tell me the same thing and I tried to do the recovery password as well but was not able. So, I hit cancel and began to transfer files to my flashdrive, just for it to prompt me for a password I tried both the passwords I previously tried and it states that both passwords are incorrect. I'm baffled on what to do. It wont let me reset the password and I tried reset the device and it failed.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are you using? (just background info only)

If you dont have any important data on that drive yet, then I would try a format of the USB Pen and see if you can gain access to saving files to it again, PNY also have a low level format tool HERE if Windows cannot format the drive.

3. msgeek24

msgeek24 Private E-2

Hello,

My OS is Windows 7, Yes, I don't have files on it yet for this was the first time I've connected it. What methods are out there to format it? Right Clicking, doesn't give me the option and it doesn't acknowledge it in Disk Management. I tried the link you suggested but it doesn't support Windows 7

Thank you for your response.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds