Dr. Web Cure-It 'Expired'

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, May 24, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Just a heads up.... the version of Dr Web Cure-It available here at MajorGeeks has expired and won't run. You can get it from here: http://download.drweb.com/drweb+cureit/ It's 100% free as usual. I like to use it once in a while 'cuz it's a stand alone (no installation needed) and it runs in safe mode if needed and it picks up everything. Alot of stand alone virus apps are aimed at only specific worms or trojans, or are limited to about 50 or 60 items..... Cure-It has a database of over 20,000 pieces of malware and it does a pretty good job. There is the occasional false positive (some AOL files are sometimes picked up as viruses but Cure-It doesn't delete anything without the user's approval). You can also customize your scan options to certain files or folders..... Anyway, just thought I'd let the people know ;)

hd2k

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Gone from 4 megs to 10 megs without a version number change. Di di di.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

The Dr. Web now on the MG front page is the AntiVirus shareware version that requires installation, and not the freeware CureIt standalone scanner. The new CureIt that I linked to above is about 6mb (a tad over 6mb).... again, just a head's up ;)

hd2k

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

OK- MG front page now has the correct link. Thanks for the quick fix! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds