how long is to long to run a pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by airwolf9090, Oct 17, 2004.

1. airwolf9090

airwolf9090 Corporal

hi i keep my computer running almost 24/7 do i have to worry about anything happening because i allways check it after awhile i take the case off and its as cold as can be.
    my pc is a

compaq deskpro
    500mhz
    64mb ram
    win98se
    my pc is 1ft wide, 1ft 2inch long, 3 and one half inches tall
    the mobo takes up about 70% of the case the power takes up 25% of case the pci slots have to be pulled out to put anything in them they take up 25% the floppy, cd-rom and the hard drive takes up 50% of the case they fold in and out is that info good to get a good anwser tell me if i over did it

2. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

3. airwolf9090

airwolf9090 Corporal

ok thxs for the info

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Before my cat steped on the power button on the surge protector, my computer was up 68 days, and counting. I have tons of ram of coarse, so as QuickSilver, said just restart when things slow down.

:cool:

cooked

5. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

wow, 68 days!
    My record is about 2 weeks(14 days).

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I've got a server thats been running for nearly a year (not the one that I crashed a few months ago)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds