DriverGuide expired! next best thing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by robert707, Mar 17, 2006.

1. robert707

robert707 Corporal

Hi my hard drive majorly needs to be wiped and i need to reinstall everything. I downloaded Driverguide in the fall, GREAT PROGRAM!, then got really busy with other things and forgot that it expires!! Now i can't use it. I know there are alot of LINKS listed in the "sticky" in this forum but thought i would ask: Next to DriverGuide, wich program is best for backing up ALL my drivers to burn and reinstall latter? If there is one. As the links seem to be for finding specific drivers.

Reformatting is a bit out of my level of computer expertise, i'm not sure how to do it (i've got some homework to do, links? ) Hopefully there is a program that can conveinently back up all the drivers instead of going and tracking them all down individually.

ALSO...i'm not sure but i MAY have backed up all my non-windows drivers allready. I remember using Driverguide (in september) to see all the non- woindows drivers and there was an option to back them up. Can't remember if i did though , I looked and looked and couldn't find a file. Does anyone know what a driverguide file would be called so i could use the search tool to find it?

thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I'm doing this from memory, but I think the file extension is .dgt

I agree with Halo though, I think it's better and easier to save the driver installer files to a folder, which I can then backup.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds