Realtek hd driver failure!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Superkai, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

ok there is many post about this but none of them solved my problem i have a realtek hd audio driver that came with my asus p5k motherboard and i install it and i get no sound i tried to uninstall and install again but it wont uninstall and i have tried disabling it then uninstall but that didnt work either :cry i need my sound :(

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Lots of things to check:
    Check: Speakers connected?
    Check: Master Volume control.
    Check: Windows Audio Service is started.
    Check: Device Manager for bad drivers.
    Check: Why is the driver missing? Re-installed OS? Malware? Corrupt file? Deletion?
    Check: Are you getting error messages? What is the message?
    Check: Your audio mixer software (if installed) for a setting that mutes back panel audio if you have plugged headphones into a front panel audio solution. Uncheck: this setting to allow audio to both the back and front.
    Check: BIOS to insure on-board sound is enabled.
    Have you checked ALL these things?

I have attached the fixes that have worked for others.

Attached Files:

3. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

speaker connected
    master volume on
    device manager says its fine but it wont unistall even if i disable
    driver isnt missin i have it but it doesnt work and it can with the motherboard which has the hd audio ive tried reinstalling xp didnt work
    no error messsages onboard sound enabled
    and other solution that u said there minus the read me are possibilities but i dont kno fixes for them such a corrupt file or malware
    audio mixer turner on

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

OK, first download the chipset for your board and install it.
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5K
    Also, download your Realtek driver from here if you don't have a setup for it available.

Do all these steps in order and do not re-boot until the end.
    Look in Device Manager under the System entries.
    Do you see the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio there? Or Realtek Hi-Def Audio?
    If you do disable it, and then un-install it.
    Un-install your audio driver in Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Realtek.

Remove KB888111 from the registry.
    If you install, remove, and then re-install this update, the update is no longer listed in Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Therefore, you cannot remove this update from your computer.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB888111
    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    4. Click Yes, and then exit Registry Editor.

Now re-install your audio driver and re-boot.
    Sound?

5. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

ok well i tryed to do wat u said on the read me but there isnt a inf file in my system but i find machine.inf in system32 and there are 5 of them

6. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

ok i installed the chipset and installed the sound driver but i still got the error realtek hd driver failure

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Did you follow these steps exactly?

8. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

it wont uninstall even if i disable it

9. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I haven't seen the UAA not un-install, after disabling it.
    This is basically the same procedure, give it a try.
    Driver Install Failure
    1) Uninstall the Realtek software through Add/Remove Programs (if it's installed but not working)
    2) In Device Manager, remove the high definition audio device under Sound, Video & Game controllers.
    3) Still in Device Manager, double-click Legacy Audio Drivers.
    4) Click on the Properties tab.
    5) Select all sound devices listed here and click the Remove button. (Do not remove Legacy or Codecs)
    6) Restart Windows and retry the installation.
    You may need to remove any instances of the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio listed under System devices as well.
    Go into Device Manager, under the system folder, right click the UAA Hi-Def Bus driver.
    Disable the device and then uninstall it. (Do not re-boot yet)
    Install your driver, then re-boot.

10. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

ok i cant get as far as to the point of removing the legacy audio i remove everything then click ok and i went back to make sure they weree gone but there still there so they do not want ot be removed??? so i dont kno want i should do now

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Follow the whole procedure and see if it'll work for you. I'm not sure if they actually disappear, until your PC re-boots, which at that point they will re-install anyway.

Realtek has been troublesome but these fixes have worked for everyone except one person, and I'm thinking that person has a bad chip.There are so many different fixes because one fix will work for some and another fix works for others. I haven't been able to get a straight forward one-fix-for-all yet.

12. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

ok it didnt work i tried to uninstall it after and it didnt work

13. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I'm running out of options here. What is your OS?
    Do you have a recovery partition or WIndows / Recovery disc for your OS?

If you do: Insert your disc, (recovery partition will operate without one)
    For XP -
    Go to Start>Run and type cmd.exe
    Press Enter

For Vista:
    Goto Start>Search and type cmd.exe
    Press Enter

In the command window that opens, type sfc /SCANNOW
    Press Enter

This will repair any damaged or missing Windows files, which may be working against us.

14. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

well im fine now so i got an answer for it i had a registry problem i ran a registry fix and it fixed it but i could uninstall so i uninstalled xp then i made sure when i installed the drivers that i got with my motherboard and i made sure when xp tried to install the drivers i cancelled it and i just ran the cd that had the drivers and everything was installed the way proparely i think the problem was xp trying to install a driver that isnt compatible with the motherboard sound card that is on it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds