Safe?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tonyhale, Jul 23, 2009.

1. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

At some point in my daily sessions on the Internet, I break off, usually after visiting some site I’ve never been on before. Run Superantispyware, Malwarebytes and Ccleaner then return to mooch about on the net, mainly MG’s I do a disc clean up and run diskeeper once a week, and as far as I know my machine’s ok, I have noticed its taking longer to close down and sometimes the desktop icons are slow to appear on start up, probably an age related thing, the machines about 7 years old, wish I was. :)

2. chronk

chronk Private E-2

Hey tonyhale, 7 years old - have you done a wipe and re-install lately? I usually do that every couple of years more or less depending on how the computer is performing -
    maybe time?
    Also do you use WOT? - helpful to find out how safe a site is.

:)
    Chronk

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I agree with chronk, lot's of detritus builds up and deffo after 7 years!:eek :-D Just make sure you back up what you need, you will have a faster system. Just put your security apps on disk, disconnect your internet, re-install OS then update said OS and then security. Best is to download and burn XP SP3 onto CD and then just install it, followed by WU. It will save you tons of time!

Just make sure you have everything lined up first and it should be a breeze after that. Do set aside some time, like on a rainy day.;)

4. chronk

chronk Private E-2

I was recently thinking of XP SP3 download, then burn to CD - glad you posted the link augiedoggie - good reminder for me.

I am downloading it now!

:cool

Chronk

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds