Warm and Fuzzy phrase origins?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ken3, May 4, 2005.

1. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Alright, you all have heard and sometimes said this phrase. But do any of you know how it got started? I've searched via Google on the phrase itself and "phrase origins" and resulting links) and couldn't find anything within the first few pages. Any ideas?

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

All I found was this....

"I think this may come from the transactional analysis movement of the 70's. I think there are cold pricklies too. "

Maybe everyone should post an origin of their own making for this one...Ken can select the best one as the winner :)

3. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

It does indeed come from TA, Esalen, Tavistock and all that other stuff I wasted too many years and brain cells on.

I think it came originally from Eric Berne but it's so many years since I read Games People Play or any of that ilk I can't quite r..e..m..e..mber

If forced I could probably dig out quite a few references, or I could just send Chapters 3, 7,8 and 10 from my thesis, now that'd be cold and prickly!

These days I'd say Pethidine

4. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

this is what I had found

5. mew2

mew2 Sergeant Major

Claude Stieners site The Original Warm Fuzzy Tale by Claude Steiner ;) is this what you were lookin for???

6. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Thanks, Jarcher and Mew2 - those seem to be more on the right path. :)

7. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

no problem. . Google is overrated ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds