dll error message when attempting to play newly installed game.help please!

Discussion in 'Software' started by caskin, May 4, 2009.

1. caskin

caskin Private E-2

Have just installed purchased Blazing Angels 2 and registered it with Ubisoft.
    Install went clean with no problems, but on clicking PLAY the following error message appears.

BA2 bad image: The application or DLL c\Windows\system32\DINPUT8.dll is not a valid windows image.Please check against disk

Although I know my around the PC I have to admit to having no knowledge of what system32 is or does or the usage of dll’s.........I have attempted to cure via other past links in the forum but without success due I feel to my lack of experience in this field, so would appreciate some “gentle” advice on how I can overcome this problem..
    Full Anti malware and Super anti spyware checks carried out,some slight infection found but nothing significant.Thankyou
    :confused

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. caskin

caskin Private E-2

Hi Guys can somemone give me a hand with this???:cry:cry

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using and also what version of DirectX do you have? (to find out version of directx click start > run and type dxdiag and hit enter.

DINPUT8.dll is part of Directx 8, dunno how old that game is but it may need a file from dirextx 8 to run it, but try this click start > run and type regsvr32 dinput8.dll and hit enter.

Also unplug all USB devices apart from keyboard and mouse and try game, has been known that some HID (Hardware Interface Devices) can cause issues in directx, mainly InfaRed devices.

4. caskin

caskin Private E-2

Hi Thanks for reply....OS is XPMedia,typing dxdiag gives directX8,but when installing game it comes complete with directx 8 and as it begins to install directx8 it stops that part of the install and states "More improved system found installed this setup not required"
    Just in case this stop of Adobe install was upsetting complete install I re-attempted a custom install but with same affect??

Im beginning to think it might be my graphics card,as it is an Nvidia 6150LE which is not the greatest of gaming chips??Could this be the case...thanks

5. DavidGP

Hi Caskin

Yes sadly onboard GFX is not best for gaming, but Nvidia's are normally ok, depends on how graphically advanced the game is.

Did you try the re-regsistering option I posted?

I have Vista and it comes with DX10 but still has dinput8.dll so worth trying if possible to re-install dx9c for your XP PC, or try the re-register option, attached my DX dinput8.dll, to this post and once unzipped copy it to Windows/System32 folder and regsiter it woth command I posted in the earlier post, will not guarantee it will work as my OS is Vista x64, but worth a try.

Attached Files:

6. caskin

caskin Private E-2

Hi Apologies for delay in reply,but have done complete update on my PC,plus downloaded Direct 9x (get to that in a moment).....Regarding reg option:Yes the first time around I did attempt to re-register as your option indicated..without success!!
    However This time after update etc I attempted the same thing again and registeration was successful! Really pleased.

Game (2007 Blazingangels 2 Ubisoft);Graphics required Nvidia GEforce 6 series or later(which I have),so surely the game should now play???Im not after perfection as not full time gamer?

As for DirectX 9c have downloaded to spare folder indocuments,are there any special precautions i need to take prior to attempting install??What improvements if any will it make?
    ,,,,I ask this as a few forum members have warned me against it??
    Many thanks

7. DavidGP

Hi Caskin

Never had any issues with DX9c so dont know what some fear from it?

With the file no re-registered does the game run or still the same error? I would try uninstall and re-install the game again and yes if you meet the min specs for the game then it should run, might not be perfect but should run.

8. caskin

caskin Private E-2

Well my friend you quote nothing but truth!! seriously though that was great,dll registered,pC updated,DX9c installed(went in as an update to present system),game plays really well......I am as they say indebted to you and to your kowledge.....hope I can equally help you one day...now how do I officially thank you?:wave:wave

OOPs ,found the button,have now thanked you Ta!

Last edited: May 11, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds