Acer aspire 5000 laptop turns on and off,

Discussion in 'Software' started by patf, Aug 6, 2008.

1. patf

patf Private E-2

Title really says it all, it seems to be in a continuos loop, unable to boot into safe mode, recovery disks won't start..I do get "socket errors 11001,10014 & 10093" at various times during boot. The last major item installed was verizon dsl about a week ago which was working smoothly....Help!

pat

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    When you first power up, press F8 right after the Acer logo goes away and keep pressing it until you see the Windows Boot options menu. Select "Disable automatic restart upon system failure". The next time the PC crashes, it should stop on a blue screen error (also called BSOD for Blue Screen Of Death). The error has been coming up each time, but it's been flashing by too quick to see. Make a note of the error number (they look like STOP:0x000000EA) and the main error message (they look like KERNEL_IN_PAGE_FAULT) and any file names that may be listed (a common one is "win32k.sys"). Post this info and we'll try to help based on what the errors tell us.

3. patf

patf Private E-2

first I got C000021a fatal system error with a status of oxc0000005
    (ox00000000 ox00000000) then I got ..stop: d0000144 unknown hard error

4. patf

patf Private E-2

glad to see I'm not the only one stumped by this!

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I did search last evening and the first error is all over the place. I found all sorts of bizarre fixes that didn't seem to be worth posting. The second error seems to indicate a hard drive problem.

6. patf

patf Private E-2

Don't feel bad, I've posted this to a number of boards and the response has been the same..I appreciate your effort.

pat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds