XP recovery problem!

Discussion in 'Software' started by dnicu26, Jan 21, 2006.

1. dnicu26

dnicu26 Private E-2

I had some viruses earlier on today and it was a while since I last re-formatted, 2 or 3 years I think and I thought I should try it. I had this recovery CD from another computer I bought 2 months ago (Win XP proff). I attempted to repair the installation on the other computer by following the instructions from a book:
    I typed in REN system system.old then pressed enter and then COPY C:\Windows\Repair\System in the BIOS window I think. That all went find and it prompted me to restart the computer. Now guess what, the desktop display setting is on the lowest possible and the colours as well, it's terrible. I figured out this was because my graphics card (it was an integrated one) was somehow uninstalled during this proccess or maybe by a virus.

Can someone tell me what to do? I attached a DX Diag file from the computer with the problem, I hope someone can help :(

2. dnicu26

dnicu26 Private E-2

Sorry, here's the Dxdiag.

Attached Files:

3. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

dnicu26..I see you also have a thread going in our Maleware Forum and are being assisted there. I see nothing in that thread to indicate the process is complete and that your system is clean. Your best bet would be to finish the scanning and cleaning process and once they give you the all clear you can move on to other things with the knowledge your system is in fact free of any malicious content.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds