Foxit Reader Copy/Paste?

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jun 30, 2008.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Is it possible to cut/paste or copy/paste from this program? I looked at their site, and searched Google, to no avail (?) :confused ...

2. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yes there is, although I don't know if the info below is the most simple way of getting a copy and paste but it works for me. :)

On the opened PDF page in Foxit Reader:

1. Click on Tools
    2. Click on Select Text
    3. Highlight text by dragging the mouse over the text you want to select
    4. Press the Ctrl and C keys to save it to the clipboard.

5. Open the software (blank page) where you like to paste the text into
    6. Press the Ctrl and V keys to paste the selected text

Hope this helps.

BTW: I just use Wordpad as the software to paste the text into.

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Ok, thank you - it worked, but it looks like it is a screenshot that I would need, and there is a button on there for "Snapshot" (top-right side) - but is that the same thing (?), and if so how on earth does that work - any idea?

Thanks again ...

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Click on the Snapshot button, then use your mouse to drag over the area you wish to copy. Basically you hold the mouse button down and drag the mouse until you cover the area required. When you let go of the mouse button it will copy the highlighted area to your clipboard. Then you can open Word, right click and select Paste.

5. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Thank you very much, but after, I don't know - years - of wondering, but not seeming to ever need ask - I seem to now need to ask (and yes, I feel stupid, and am embarrassed by it): Where is the "clipboard" found please? And is it the same in Vista as in XP as I use both on two different PC's? I've looked around a number of times (and just did again), but have never found it - or if I ever did, it was years ago, and I don't recall/can't seem to find it, now (and I don't think I have MS Word on this [Vista] PC).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You don't need to "find" the clipboard to do this grc123. It just sits invisibly in the background holding what you copied from one format until you copy it to the Word document format as I described below. Just go ahead and try it and you'll see :)

If you don't have Word, you could try what ever version of Office you do have. For example I use Open Office, which is a free open source code program. It may even work for you in Notepad, depending on the complexity of what you are trying to copy.

7. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Ok Lev, thank you, I guess the "problem" is with my Yahoo! web-based email program that won't allow it to happen. I did try it (copying to the "clipboard") again as you all suggested and DID get the graphics to stick this time in Wordpad (just not able to get it to go from there to the email I was hoping to compose ... perhaps I can figure-out another way to do it) - thank you again ...

8. dwier11111

dwier11111 Private E-2

My Foxit Reader doc is over 70 pages. I cannot get Foxit to scroll, as I attempt to copy the text on subsequent pages...beyond the first. Do you have a suggestion?

9. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

You posted your question in a discussion that's over 1 yr. 8 mo. old. You should start a new topic.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds