Greetings to all.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by butterfly090965, Aug 12, 2008.

1. butterfly090965

butterfly090965 Private E-2

Just wanted to say hey and tell you how grateful I am to have found this site. I have several issues with my computer and believe that through you perhaps I can resolve them. Warning: The most I am with computers is "friendly". So, if you are able to help me and have suggestions please be patient with my ignorance.

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome to MGs[​IMG]

just post any problems you have in the appropriate forums (software/malware:drivers etc) and help will be there.

we are all here to learn

3. butterfly090965

Thanks! Here I go.

4. butterfly090965

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to remove the trojan that had been giving me such a headache. Thanks for your info! What anti virus do you suggest I get?

5. butterfly090965

ok used the smithfraudfix to get rid of trojan. saved info do not know how to upload. worked wonders and i am good to go. any suggestions as to what anti virus to get and what other protection I may need?

All good things always

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

AVG and Avast are both decent, free AV's.
    (Don't install the link scanner with AVG)

Did you follow the full MALWARE REMOVAL GUIDE ?
    You will need to post your logs for them to be sure you are clean.
    There is a how-to for that in the guide.
    Start a thread and attach your logs here: Malware Removal

And welcome. :wave

7. butterfly090965

Thanks musksnipe,

got AVG and did not install the link scanner. Why was this by the way? Also just attached logs. Muchas gracias!

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

The link scanner slows down your browsing and consumes resources on your PC.
    If you follow safe browsing habits and use an app, which blocks known bad sites, like Spybot (minus the Tea Timer, for the same reasons as AVG link scanner) you shouldn't need the link scanner.

9. butterfly090965

installed AVG & spybot...

major issues. uninstalled both and reinstalled AVG. Am not getting this message: A.bin file is missing

any suggestions anyone?

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Yup...read this thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=167218

Also if you have tech questions you would be better off asking them in the appropriate forum, rather than the Welcome Forum. You will get more people reading the tech forums who are able to assist you and therefore get quicker responses.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds