Thanks Count

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Chris_in_Richardson, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Chris_in_Richardson

Chris_in_Richardson Private E-2

Howdy, I love the site and have been using the downloads for a couple of years now.

Currently cleaning up my daughter's laptop and saw a field for thanks counts next to number of posts (14 for me) and number of times you have been thanked.

Can someone tell me how to post a thank you note? I put a shoutout in the top of my post, but did not realize there is an official way to say thank you and have it count. :)

Thanks for the guidance to a newbie....

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Chris

You'll notice in the screenshot below that there is a Thanks button to the bottom right of each post, all you do is to click that, you cannot thank yourself so wont see this icon, but will on other members posts, so if you feel that their advice is good and helped you click the Thanks button.

[​IMG]

3. Chris_in_Richardson

Chris_in_Richardson Private E-2

Thanks Halo. Makes sense now.

Thanks for patience with a newbie!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not a problem Chris, we all have to start somewhere.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds