New Star Trek Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KathyM, Apr 30, 2009.

1. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

is being released May 8th!! This I gotta see!! :-D

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I can't wait. I'm thinking I'm not going to read any reviews and just go see it.

3. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

4. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Yes it's a most for me can't wait to see this.....

And posting this on my new laptop :)

5. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Star Trek. Yaaaawn. The only time it was interesting was when an Englishman got the gig as captain. :-D

6. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

it looks like it would be ok...in IMAX THAT IS!!!

i would not see it any other way.

7. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

I can't wait either!! The other movie that I want to see is X-men "Wolverine"..:-D

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Always been a fan of the series, and they just getting to how James got command.
    Prequel instead of sequel.

9. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

works for me :)

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm looking forward to seeing it also, on blu-ray. Can't stand going to movie theaters.

11. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

I'm with you there about going to the movie theatre.....what I hate the most is all the damn cell phones:mad

12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes is top of my list too of films that are NEED TO SEE.

13. joey off the street

You spelled 'theatre' wrong, theefool. :p

What's wrong with you people? Am I the only voice of sanity in this thread? Star Trek :zzz The film world's answer to insomnia.

14. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Yup really looking forward to it,there haven't been any decent Star Trek's in ages I hated Enterprise,I need a fix:)

EDIT And My other favourite Sci Fi show has ended Battlestar Gallactica,

15. Speculant

joey, think about this for a second.

this site is called majorGEEKS.com.

this site is full of GEEKS.

GEEKS populate this website.

lots of GEEKS like star trek.

work with me here buddy, come on!

16. joey off the street

Sorry, Spec, not all Geeks appreciate a series of movies with terrible scripts, flimsy plots and a cast as old as Methuselah's granny. Oh, how I wish I could agree with you deluded lot. But alas! No way, Pedro. Do I smell the aroma of realisation that I am right on this one? Ooooh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Can you smell it, huh?

17. Speculant

but alas! right and wrong are simply opinions, my friend, and people will enjoy what they choose to enjoy.

18. joey off the street

Oh, do me a lemon. This is one big pile of doggy doodoo. Even the trailer had me yawning. You're right, Spec it is personal choice. You lot have a great time at the movies and I'll stick to watching the classics like Battlefield Earth and Howard The Duck.

19. Rikky

Its pointless discussing opinion,if you don't like the movies fine I guess but you can't say they are bad movies because they all do well in the box office and are usually scored well by the critics and the public.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253754/

25,000 votes and a 6.4,that's a really good score at IMDB.,even if I weren't a trekky they are still good sci-fi movies and I've seen them ALL.

20. joey off the street

Oh, Rikky, Rikky, Rikky. I thought the whole point of these threads was to discuss opinion. My opinion is very valid. Star Trek is pants.

I saw the first Star Trek movie and it was so bad, I thought Catwoman outshone it tenfold. And I wanted to end it all after I'd seen that one.

21. Rikky

Then my opinion is that your opinion is pants:-D Catwoman?With Halle Berry:-D don't tell other people you like that movie :-D

EDIT Its one of the worst movies ever made http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327554/

22. Speculant

oh.

wow.

23. joey off the street

Oh no, it was a stinker. As I stated in the last post, I was suicidal after it. But it was better than Star Trek The Movie.

And the new Star Trek is the latest worst movie ever made. Probably.

24. joey off the street

You enjoyed Catwoman too, then, Spec? :-D

25. Rikky

Its hard to see how they could fail,Halle Berry in a skin tight leather cat suit but somehow they did,epic fail.

26. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Halle Berry. Tight black leather outfit.:drool
    Come on guys, Whats not to like about that?;)
    ( Oh, you were talking about the MOVIE. Sorry)rolleyes

27. LauraR

Wow, from Star Trek to Catwoman in latex...that's some leap, GUYS. :p

I just love sci fi. I'm generally willing to give it all a chance. I aways loved Star Trek. I watched them all pretty religiously expect Deep Space 9. The only truly good one was Next Generation. I certainly wouldn't base them all by Star Trek 1

28. joey off the street

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many people believe that the original of a movie franchise is by far and away the best of the series and it is upon that assumption that I base my argument. I thought the reasoning behind that was a given.
    You are all reasonable, intelligent people and I thought someone might agree that the original Star Trek movie was singularly worse than Catwoman or Battlefield Earth.

29. Rikky

Nope,no where near.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079945/

If you don't like it IMO you musn't enjoy the sci-fi genre too much.

30. joey off the street

On the contrary, I actually love sci fi. TV and film. I suppose I just have a more discerning taste than everyone else here.
    Have you ever seen Dr Who and the daleks, or Dr Who: Invasion Earth 2150? Two of the defining moments in sci fi televisual history. It doesn't get much better than that.

31. No More Words

No More Words Private E-2

Isnt my dad a froob? I'm looking forward to seeing the new star trek. I havent seen all of the other star trek films. Ive seen the first and second but Im going to make my dad sit and watch them with me again. He has really saw the star trek films and likes star trek. He is playing games with you all. I think he is trying to start a argument. I havent been for a long time on majorgeeks because I am playing football and cricket and swimming with my friends. I want a good picture for my avatar so my dad can get it for me. I like kestrels because its creepy. The picture my dad has is me playing on my xbox 360 after I came out the shower. It was taken on his mobile and isnt a good photo. He keeps pestering my mam for a digital camera and I want one. I will write again when I have some time. Im going to watch meet the spartans when I finish swimming later. Bye Bye

32. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I can't wait for it. I liked them all and even the most hated show i found interesting..

Some people hate Star Trek but without it things might be alittle different.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_William_Shatner_Changed_the_World

33. joey off the street

Judas. What's a froob?

34. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

Your Dad would NEVER play games with us!!!! that's just :foolish

35. joey off the street

36. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

Opening day......87 million!! :clap

37. Rikky

So which movie has been your favourite so far Kathy?Mine has to be Star Trek Nemesis,even though the end was Sad:cry

38. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

I am in agreement with you Rikky.....:)

39. joey off the street

No, no, no. Are you mad? First Contact is by far and away the best of the series.

40. Rikky

WARNING SPOILERS!

The scene in Nemesis when Picards younger Genetic clone is skewered by Picard on a pike and he pulls himself along it toward Picard and says "I'm glad we're together now!" And smirks.

Is better than all the other Movies combined :-D

41. LauraR

I liked Star Trek IV the best so far.

42. Rikky

Yeah the voyage home,cheap to do not many special effects:-D I thought it was a really good film that would appeal to everyone not just sci fi fans or trekkies,lots of funny moments.

I loved that scene when Bones of walking around a hospital on there's a guy on a gurney with terminal heart disease or Cancer and Bones just gives him a bottle of pills and says take one of these every day for a week,should clear it up :-D

"What is this the Dark Ages!"

43. joey off the street

No way, Pedro. The greatest scene in the series is in First Contact when Picard accuses Warf of being a coward. "Get off my bridge", he hisses.
    Later in the film he tells Warf he is the bravest person (or is it man? I forget) he has ever met. Great cinema.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds