I need help with my second harddrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fiddlejunior, Aug 6, 2006.

1. fiddlejunior

fiddlejunior Private E-2

I recently installed a second hard drive to my pc, i dont know what i did wrong and when i go to my computer it takes like a minute to load, i need help to see what i did wrong

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Did you change jumpers (on the back of the drives there are posts for the jumpers and usually a diagram on the top showing the positions) ....master (your hard drive with the operating system ....) goes on the last connection on the ide cable ..the slave drive goes on the middle connector .....on some computers you need to jumper both as "cable select" ....but would do master/slave first.

3. fiddlejunior

fiddlejunior Private E-2

Yeah i put those little white things the way the pic show me, i feel like destroying my computer im mad and its going slow i wish i could reinstall windows again but i dont have the discs

4. TimW

Then need more info .....is this the only problem ...slow having "my computer" find the stuff (flashlight searching for awhile)?

5. fiddlejunior

fiddlejunior Private E-2

Yeah that flashlight and some other problems, like my keyboard has a volume button and when i turn it down the little bars go down and now it wont show up

6. TimW

7. fiddlejunior

fiddlejunior Private E-2

What do i look for? Do you have messenger so that i can contact you quicker?

8. TimW

9. fiddlejunior

fiddlejunior Private E-2

Oh ok but what can i do with all the registry entries that got messed up?

10. fiddlejunior

fiddlejunior Private E-2

I really dont know how to do that registry thing

11. TimW

After downloading the file ...just double click it and let it run ....as to cleaning up the rest:
    CCleaner:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_d4191.html
    Set a restore point ...then
    Run the cleaner ...
    and then the Issues (you will be prompted to save a backup ...do so>)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds