Network Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zigmeister, Jun 28, 2004.

1. zigmeister

zigmeister Private E-2

I am having an anoying problem with my small network at work. It consists of two construction trailers. I have a DSL connection running through a Cisco hardware firewall/router. (I don't have the model because I am not there right now) It has a light showing when there is an active VPN connection. I connect through a Cisco VPN client to the main office network. I ran an ethernet cable from the router to the trailer next door temporarily until they get there own DSL service. Over there I connected to their Linxsus router using the uplink port with the switch set to uplink and a straight through cable. Everything workes fine until we shut the computers down for the night. when we come in in the morning nobody can connect to the internet, even though all the lights show the system working properlt except the VPN light on the Cisco router. (its off) If I unplug their cable before I start my computer and plug them back in after I have started everything works fine. Any ideas what might be happening??

2. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

try start -> run -> type: ipconfig /release -> press ok
    start -> run -> type: ipconfig /renew -> press ok

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds