BSOD, sometimes will boot, sometimes will crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roymishali, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Hi,
    I have a problem with my PC.

Sometimes, while i'm using the computer, I'll get this BSOD:
    http://i.imgur.com/G3Vglsy.jpg

I tried looking for the crash dump file, and there's 1 file called MEMORY.DMP and it's 467 MB so i couldn't upload it here.
    I opened it in BlueScreenView, and the TXT is attached.

After the BSOD, I restart my computer, but it'll get stuck on the Intel splash screen, or sometimes on the Windows 7 loading screen.

After I let the computer rest for a few hours, and then boot it, it will boot to Windows 7.
    Sometimes it boots to Windows, but freezes or stuck.

I don't know what causes the problem.
    Is it hardware? is it software?
    Will it help if I'll reinstall Windows 7?
    I still have warranty on some parts, like memory cards, ssd - so please, I just need help to identify what causes the problem.

Please, help me.
    thank you ;)

Attached Files:

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

1. Will the PC boot and work normally in Safe Mode? If yes, it points to either a malware infection and/or a corrupted copy of Windows. If you have already backed up your files, the easiest solution is to reinstall Windows.

2. If the same problems happen in Safe Mode and you have a spare internal HDD, disconnect the existing HDD, hook up the spare and install Windows on it (you don't have to activate this copy unless you plan on using the spare drive for over 30 days). If the problems disappear, reconnect the original drive as a secondary drive and scan it for issues using CHKDSK or a tool like Disc Doctor in Advanced System Care Free . If the disc shows major issues and cannot be repaired using CHKDSK or Disc Doctor, return it under warranty for replacement. Again, if the replacement arrives within 30 days, you don't have to activate Windows on the temp. spare drive.

Hope this helps.

3. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

The PC will boot in safe mode, and sometimes it won't - sometimes it will freeze on the screen where it load all the necessary files for safe mode.

I haven't stayed long enough in safe mode to get the BSOD,
    it takes a couple of hours for it to show up.

I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and there's no malware.

I have everything backed up, so I guess I'll try to reinstall Windows and I'll report back if the issue is solved.

Thank you, gman863 :)

4. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Hi :)
    I reinstalled Windows 7, but the issue still occurs.
    While I'm working on Windows, the computer suddenly restarts itself without a warning - this time there isn't even a blue screen, and no minidump file.

The computer even restarts itself while I'm on safe mode, and then it will refuse to boot for about an hour.

If I reinstalled Windows, and the problem still exist, I guess it means that it's an hardware issue,
    but I'm not sure exactly what causes it.

What part should I get replaced? the SSE? the HDD? memory?
    Are there any tests that will tell me what part is defect?

5. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds