connecting without seeing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bobz, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Bobz

Bobz Private E-2

is there a way to connect to my wireless router even tho i can’t see it in the “View wireless networks” of my winXP PC?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Well ....um ...no. If it isn't established in network places, then you aren't connected ....So what have you tried that hasn't worked to get you connected?

3. Bobz

Bobz Private E-2

on the router i have the broadcasting option turned off and i got a laptop i wanted to connect.
    so i was wondering if it can be done without turing the broadcasting back on.

4. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Normally it cant.....however i seem to recall that there is a 'check box' in the router configurations that say's..' connect while not broadcasting' or something similar!

If not, you shall have to enable broadcasting to connect to your network, which is OK providing you are WEP/WPA secured.

Regards....

5. Bobz

Bobz Private E-2

okay thanks, i'll check it out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds