Best gaming mouse and mouse pad

Discussion in 'Software' started by blackazndude, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackazndude

blackazndude Private E-2

Hi

I am building a supercomputer and would like the best mouse/mousepad/keyboard/headset to go with it.

I recently bought a g9 not knowing the razer lachesis was out.
    considering the fact that i bought it for 54$ is pretty nice but i still might get the lachesis

i would like to know which is the best mouse/ mouse pad/ and keyboard if there are best keyboards.

best for response of course. money is not a problem.

google was not being a good friend and all i got was what they "think" is the best mouse and 2005 imformation about g5. solid facts please.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. TwoSeven

TwoSeven Private E-2

mx 510, I'm getting the 518 tomorrow, could be even better.

Razer are not good because it's for left and right handler.
    Wireless is not good, too telling because of the batteries.

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

No experience with "gaming" mice but I have logitech MX Revolution and i LOVE it. I use it for gaming and opposed to the other wireless mice ive used, this one has NO LAG whatsoever. It's very comfortable, the battery lasts really long, and the tracking accuracy is amazing (laser) Not sure on the DPI but it's perfect for what I want it for. There isnt any DPI adjustability though which you probably want...but it's still a good candidate IMO

4. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

For me I use the G5 mouse, G15 Keyboard (ooo got to love those macros on the g keys) and X-ray pad Thunder 8 mouse pad.

Not had the pleasure of using the G9 yet but tbh my g5 is perfect for me and see no point in upgrading it until it dies.

Remember with mice it is not about what is "best" but what suits your gaming style and comfort. I know pro players that are still using 2 button ball mice and still pwn everyone.

5. blackazndude

blackazndude Private E-2

6. Dread_2004

Personal choice on mats. I highly recommend the x-ray pads, being plastic they are not as noisey as some steel or glass mats.

7. blackazndude

blackazndude Private E-2

8. Dread_2004

9. TwoSeven

TwoSeven Private E-2

I have bought a g5 and the mouse is amazing. I can't believe the software has set the key automatically for fear. :)

Very accurate, very pleasant to use.

10. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I use a G5 and a Steel Pad S&S pad. I love the combination and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I also have a Saitek Eclipse Keyboad. The most comfortable keyboard I've ever used, great for gaming at night, and very solid. If you're not worried about setting up macros with extra keys like on some Logitech keyboards, you can't go wrong with it.

11. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

Ive got the Eclipse too, I love it. Best keyboard ive ever used, i like it more than my friend's G15 as well.

12. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Private First Class

mx revolution + saitek eclipse. (it lights up ! :D)
    my best combo. also what i use.
    i LOVE it. the mouse doesnt need a pad,
    battery on it lasts for a week or more at a time.

13. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

same combo :cool I love it too. The battery life on that mouse is incredible, and there is zero wireless lag

14. ianCARNAGE

ianCARNAGE Private E-2

i dont know if anyone mentioned it, but Z-Board came out with a new gaming board called the Merc Stealth. Its pretty dope. Logitech G5 and G7 are the best gaming mice.

15. blackazndude

blackazndude Private E-2

wait how are the g5 and g7 the best mouse? their dpi are only like 2000 max. my g9 is 3200...
    gj you convinced me of getting a saitek cyborg......

16. mfarlow

mfarlow Private E-2

personally I think 3200 DPI is overkill. I have a G7, and loved up until the time it started to get flaky with the wireless connection. Probably wouldn't go wireless again. Battery life on that one was horrible. Still when it was working it was pretty awesome.

I'm on the fence about the G9. I think the G5 might be the way to go, and if I don't like it, I didn't blow $100 to find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds