atioglxx.dll error? games crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by starkiller, Mar 17, 2011.

1. starkiller

starkiller Private E-2

I've also got the same problem, all my drivers are as up to date as possible, and i get the error attempting to run quake IV on my i3 540 3.06ghz, 2gig ddr 1333ram, 1gb asus eah5450 ati gfx card.

I have a d3d error running crysis...dunno what the hell to do

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

I would if not already update to latest Windows Service Pack for your Windows version, then do the below to remove the drivers and then re-install the latest driver again.

If you are running an older version of Windows XP and may not have latest DirectX version do check what version you have and update it if not at DirectX 9c if running Vista or Windows 7 then in part ignore the XP part but do install DirectX 9c as some games in Vista and Windows 7 need the legacy d3d files from DirectX 9c.

3. starkiller

starkiller Private E-2

sorry about that stupid omission. Windows 7 Pro 32-bit

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No probs but do action the info I posted above as its relevent and could fix your issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds