W7 Home Premium 64-bit No Factory Reset Option

Discussion in 'Software' started by HumbleServant1611, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hello, I bought my Toshiba Satellite c875d-s7226 laptop a few years back. When I bought it, it didn't come with a Windows 7 discs or a Factory Reset Partition. I've backed up all my data that I want to save onto an External and now I want to Wipe the drive with my Active@ Kill Disk program which erases everything completely. The problem is I don't want to buy and new windows 7 disc because I don't need a Product Key and they don't just sell the disc without one. My question is how do I get one? Is there a way I can extract the W7 OS from my Laptop and put it on a bootable disc or USB drive? Thanks for all the help...

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You can download an ISO file of Win 7 HP from this page. You'd burn it to a DVD and your pproduct key on your sticker should work. I don't know if these downloads have SP1 though. You may need to download that from Microsoft and install it before attempting to get security updates.You may need to download device drivers from Toshiba Support.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. plodr: Is that link include the W7 HP? or is it for anyone of the OS?

5. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

They are simply Microsoft .iso files. No crapware, basic MS supplied drivers, and you may need a USB stick and files from Toshiba to enable some of your devices.

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

As the mekanic said, the ones plodr and I linked to are Microsoft. They're not OEM like what would come with a Dell or HP, they're Retail. The only difference between the two is the "bloatware" that would be included in an OEM disk is eliminated. This "bloatware" is files that are specifically for manufacturer's devices that more often than not are never used with the computer and, therefore, are unnecessarily installed and take up disk space that can be used for other purposes.

The Product Key you enter during installation from the sticker on the computer will work.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think he meant Home Premium rather than for HP computers. Yes, I installed one of these (32 bit Home Premium) on one of the computers where the official MS Windows 7 disk I used did not include SP1 and all efforts to install SP1 failed. It was easier for me to just start over and install using one of these ISOs with the key I had in my Win 7 box than to keep trying different tools and fixes to get SP1 to install.

Also make sure you have all the non-MS drivers from the Toshiba archived before you wipe it. Otherwise bits and pieces of your hardware might not work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds