Hello from me.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by another village idiot, Feb 27, 2013.

1. another village idiot

another village idiot Private E-2

Hi folks.

I'm probably going to be asking a lot of "silly" questions.

Please forgive me. We all have to start somewhere, and I seem to start at the bottom of the knowledge tree.

One thing which I have noticed is the pages here seem to not load correctly.

I am using XP XP3 and FF 17.0.1

All the pages when the load seem to load to 99% then I see in the bottom left corner:
    waiting for connect.facebook.net...

I am NOT in facebook or any of those things. But the page seems to stop there.

If I go back the page I want suddenly loads, but then reverts to the previous.

Then I have to click the forward button and it loads ok. Or something like that. It seems "hit and miss" getting them to load at the subsequent times.

What's going on? Anyone?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum and yes we all have to start somewhere.!

Does the same happen in IE?
    I run Fx (the acronym for Firefox is not generally FF but in reality Fx, strange but true) 22a1 a test version but works really well and I don't have the issue you have, so maybe worth a try of this if you prefer Firefox.

Download HERE

Some plugins on forums as the Facebook one don't work great with specific versions of browsers, I know one of my PCs on Windows 8 32bit and IE10 has issues with the same Facebook plugin, the 64bit version of Windows 8 and IE10 is ok for some reason.

Hope this helps somewhat.

3. another village idiot

another village idiot Private E-2

David,

I haven't tried with IE.

I have been told in the mean time, that is could be facebooks problem as it is constantly getting bombarded with sites linked to it logging in and wanting to .... what ever.

So there is a bottle neck and things slow down/stop.

This causes the delay/failures.

Just installed the latest Fire fox. Shall have to see how things happen now.

Thanks though for the reply.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Ah now that's a great point on the plugins for Facebook, on multiple forums and sites all trying to access the data.

Let us know how you get on with that version of Firefox.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds