Low Fps with x1950 xtx

Discussion in 'Software' started by DefectiveProdigy, Apr 18, 2007.

1. DefectiveProdigy

DefectiveProdigy Private E-2

in Counter-Strike 1.6 i normally get 90-100fps easily but when i join bigger servers with around 32 people it goes to nearly 30 fps. I thought the x1950 series could run a 6 year old game flawlessly. :( maybe its my settings? I have the most recent drivers for the video card. Also in Counter-Strike: Source, 100fps can only be achieved in menu and drops to about 50-60 in any game with any number of people.

If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

CPU: Pentium D 2.8GHZ
    RAM: 1GB DDR PC3200
    GFX: ATI X1950 XTX 512MB GDDR4

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Could well be the server to be honest with you, if it's laggy at all then you won't get as good display because it has to catch up with the host, and if the server can't properly cope with that many people (there are few servers that will hold 32 or even 64man maps perfectly) then you're most likely to get this. Doubt it's a problem with you, I've had it and I'm sure everyone has.

3. Quiksilver1850

Quiksilver1850 Private E-2

Try this...

Hit the tilda (~) key to open console. Type "fps_max 400", no quotes.

If that fails, make sure you select OpenGL as the renderer in Options/Video... You can choose from Direct 3D or Software... OpenGL gives me the best results! Happy fragging.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds