Fixing the Windows Explorer crash or freeze in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Major Attitude, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

2. DoctorScooter

DoctorScooter Private E-2

I am having trouble navigating this site and I cannot post since I have recently reregistered. I for the life of me cannot find a POWERPOINT program to download without getting spammed. I have the viewer on my computer. Windows 7. I have tried many "FREE" links only to have so many programs I do not want and none that give me powerpoint. I have class projects and am in a bind. Any help would be great. Thanks.

3. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I agree. I use Kingsoft Office Suite all of the time. Kingsoft Presentation has some excellent templates as well that you can download and use.

5. Major Attitude

Cool, we done hijacking my thread now? :)

6. DoctorScooter

DoctorScooter Private E-2

My apologies. Such a noob I am.

7. Major Attitude

8. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Kudos to MA for this article.
    Great detective work and excellent write up as well. :major

Although this is sort of mentioned in the video, it might help to mention again that ShellExView does not require installation.

Not using Windows 7 yet, but will be within six to eight months, so this is really good to know.

9. MissDixi

MissDixi Private E-2

I used your 'fix' for Windows Explorer crashing in Win 7 and it worked beautifully......for about a week. The problem is back and when I checked to see if my google, etc was still disabled, they were. What do I do now? Thank you.

10. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

As a short term fix, you can always end the Explorer.exe process in Task Manager (say OK to any warning), then run it again under Task Manager: File>New Task (Run...) - type in Explorer.exe then OK.
    Might help - even for testing purposes, or if you're in teh middle of something and don't want to stop just now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds