Stop error in XP upon Malwarebytes update

Discussion in 'Software' started by Numerate, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Numerate

Numerate Private E-2

I just updated malwarebytes, and started a scan. My OS is Windows XP, SP3, on a Dell Dimension 4700 P4 @2.8Gh & 1Gb.

Immediately Windows shut down and displayed info on a "StopError." After error reporting Microsoft said it occurred because of a driver downloaded by the Software.

Do I A) write off Malwarebytes for a few days and delete it or B)?????

Thanks, Guys!

Mary

2. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Did you use the internal updater in Malwarebytes?

If so then you need to uninstall MBAM, restart the computer and then install it again.

Malwarebytes is safe but some people, me included, have had this issue when updating it.

If the problem continues you might report it to the team at Malwarebytes so they can look into it and hopefully get it fixed. http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=41

3. Numerate

Numerate Private E-2

Thank you! It's running now - the reboot was all I needed.

Regards,

Mary

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds