BSOD Stop 0x00000050

Discussion in 'Software' started by seniorshot, Jul 5, 2007.

1. seniorshot

seniorshot Private E-2

Hi there everyone, I've just joined this forum and I'm hoping some of you experts can help me sort out the above problem.

Firstly to save time and repeated tests I have already checked and performed the following tests

Run full Virus scan - no problems
    Checked RAM - no problems
    Run Chkdsk - no problems
    I have updated the BIOS and Video drivers
    Reviewed the event log for other possible problems
    Used MSconfig to disabled services and start items - but problem persits.

The error message always contains the same information ie. parameter 1 9054c1c8, parameter 2 00000000, parameter 3 804e887bc, parameter 4 00000000. confused

Is there a method to decifer this information to let me know what is causing the problem?

Hope someone out there can help me :(

2. SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks Private E-2

3. seniorshot

seniorshot Private E-2

I forgot to mention I'm running Xp home with SP2 so KB329293 is not relevant. (sp2 has been installed ages without any problems)

I've followed KB322205 but without resolving the problem. To me with my limited knowledge, the key to solving it is the fact that the parameters are always the same, but there're pretty meaningless to me so they don't point me to anywhere:cry.

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

What happens to cause the stop error? i.e.when does it happen?

Have you loaded any new software/hardware recently, other than the updates done trying to repair problem.

Does it occur in safe mode?
    Are there any errors reported in event manager at the time of failure?

start>run>typein
    eventvwr.msc

Go to the boot options screen (F8 at boot) and enable debugging. Then post any .dmp files produced after a crash. (rename them .txt to upload)

Boot to the

5. seniorshot

seniorshot Private E-2

Hi Studiot

To answer your first 2 questions

It happens at no particular time sometimes when idle sometimes when I'm using applications - no particular patterns. It's happening on average about 6/7 times at day. No other events happening in event viewer at time of failure.

No new hardware or software has been loaded to start this problem off.

I have not tried safe mode but will now. I'll enabled debugging and report back in due course.

many thanks for your help.

6. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

This I was find on some site:

5.) STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds