Chrome Churning

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bartolo, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

I began using Chrome for my Gmail account because Opera does not fully support Gmail. While Chrome is great with Gmail, I am concerned about the Chrome activity going on in the background while I view my Gmail.

My Process Explorer shows 3 or 4 Chrome processes active, I can hear activity on my hard drive (with no other processes causing it), and I can also see I/O going on via my ZoneAlarm task bar icon.

What is going on? Is this Chrome sending back information to Google? Just now I see the suggestion posted here to disable Chrome's auto-suggest feature and I will do that.

Thanks,
    Bartolo

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

It was doing that, there was an uproar and they removed it. Have you got the latest version, a new one is out today?

3. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

Thanks, MA, I will try a new version.

4. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

Yesterday I downloaded the latest Chrome version - 0.3.154.9 - but tonight the same chattering on my hard drive is going on when I access Gmail. The noise and sporadic I/O stops the second I shut down Chrome.

Is there a source for the uproar mentioned my MA below?

5. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

I updated via the method using the Tools tab.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds