Black Viper setup

Discussion in 'Software' started by geeknewbie, Nov 26, 2006.

1. geeknewbie

geeknewbie Private E-2

Running windows 2k pro v4 ran throuogh black viper setup and turned RPC DISABLE and rebooted computer runs fine other than some parts not comunicating like modem and some features in winexplorer. went to enable RPC and wont do it. How can I re enable it? ( it wont let me enable and no proprties box will apeer)

2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Your best bet is to use "System Restore" and roll back, also there are at least two ways to disable services that are on the "Black Viper" list, and one does not give you the option of undoing what you do. The best way I have found is to create another profile, that you play with the "Black Viper" list with, then if you have a problem you simply boot to the original Profile. Hope that helps..........Oh and a Belated Welcome to Major Geeks, and a side note if your post does not get answered, you can always go back and place a "Bump" post to bring it backup to the front again.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Hate to say this....but, msconfig and system restore are NOT part of windows 2000. ;)

What error codes are ye getting when trying to start RPC? Or better yet, enable RPC, then RUN.

Check your event viewer, IE.
    Click START, then, RUN, then type in eventvwr.msc (press enter).

Black Viper is o...k..., only if ye are prepared to run into issues later.

Sorry, not a fan. :)

4. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Thanks theefool missed that part, I'll blame it on "Oldzimers"

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

AMEN. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds