internet problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acapro, Aug 3, 2007.

1. acapro

acapro Private E-2

Hi, I have been having this problem for several months now. After surfing the net for around 40 mins+ my connection drops out. I have just purchased a new Belkin modem however this did not fix the problem. If I reboot the modem this does not work. I have run winsock fix and this also does not fix the problem. The only way i can reconnect is to restart the computer. A few helpful notes: when I click on the connections tab in internet properties there is nothing in the dial up and virtual network settings box when I lose connection if i right click on the icon for my connection in the network connections window, then status, then support, there is nothing in the ip address, default address and submask address. If I try to repair the connection it comes up with an error message saying that it could not locate the ip address or similar and I don't know how this is linked but my speakers don't work when this happens. I have run spyware doctor, ad-Aware se and I use bullguard for anti virus, occasionally they find minor threats but nothing major. Could someone please give me some advice on how to fix this problem

also I just downloaded the advanced system information -error log and the following appears frequently;

The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{FBAA1A71- F083-452E-B3AE-47EC3674289D}. The backup browser is stopping.

2. janitor

janitor Private E-2

try reinstalling the NIC (is it dsl,cable or dialup you service?) rolleyes

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds