Typing problem with wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chaser911, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Chaser911

Chaser911 Private E-2

Hi,

I was advised to post this query within this forum from the welcome area.

I have the ever recurring windows update problem associated with KB936181 "Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on Windows Update" see here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729/ for the very simple remedy. Type one line with a few backslashs in it then re download the patch. Problem is I have a wireless logitech keyboard of US origin which requires a switch to US International region settings to produce the backslash symbol. However it does not produce a backslash in command prompt, which is required for the simple remedy to this annoying repeat request to install this windows update.

Does anyone know how to generate a backslash symbol in command prompt via a kooky keyboard such as this?

Cheers to all

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

You might try the onscreen keyboard. Start-Programs-Accesories-Accessibility-On Screen Keyboard. Good luck!

E

3. Chaser911

Chaser911 Private E-2

I was just messing with that idea as you replied. After switching it to a bigger key layout it does indeed offer a backslash that works in cmd prompt. Problem solved. Many thanks Fred_G

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Glad you got it fixed! :-D

E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds