how to update drivers for Qwest UTStarcom pocket pc 6700

Discussion in 'Software' started by techit, Nov 27, 2008.

1. techit

techit Private E-2

I need to update the drivers for my Qwest UTStarcom 6700 pocket pc but have totally struck out on every site so far, including the Qwest site.
    I'd appreciate any assistance anyone can offer.
    Thanks,
    Jim--

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Check this link and scroll down to the "Downloads/Links" section and to the "Advanced Downloads" section. I'm still looking around and hopefully I'll find something of more use.... According to Sprint, there is no updated software for this device, but that's Sprint. If I'm not mistaken, Qwest uses Verizon, so I'll check over there....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you're using WinXP SP3 or earlier on the PC you want to sync to, you can use Microsoft's ActiveSync 4.5. Vista has this feature built-in. I'm not exactly sure what it is you're trying to do, or what problem you're trying to solve, so please provide some more information...

oh.... Welcome To Major Geeks!! :wave :major

4. techit

techit Private E-2

dlb:
    Thanks for the welcome and for all of the suggestions and follow-on questions.
    The specific problem I'm having with the device is that it freezes up, especially when playing games that were factory installed (e.g., Bubble Breaker).
    My OS is XP Pro with service pack 3 and I've been using MS ActiveSync 4.5 to sync with the device.
    I appreciate your interest and responses.
    Jim--

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

So... the device syncs OK with your PC? But it freezes when you play games on it with it unplugged from your PC?

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

does it give you the ability to reset to the factory settings? if so, just back up everything and reinstall...my pocket pc has done that in the past, and a reset is all i do...

7. techit

techit Private E-2

The device freezes up only when unplugged from the PC.
    I've reset it to factory settings several times, but it still freezes when playing games and during various other functions (e.g., notes).
    I periodically check the battery charge (% remaining) during my use times. Typically 30-60 minutes of use expends about 10-15% of the battery charge which is acceptable. The freeze ups begin occurring immediately regardless of the % of battery charge remaining, so the battery doesn't seem to be a factor, but it is puzzling why the freeze up only occur when the device is unplugged from the PC??
    I'm still wondering if it can be a firmware issue...
    Jim--

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds