eMachines Wont start - screen black

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by granpepe, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granpepe

granpepe Private E-2

hi!, mi friend i hope you can help, i have this computer
    emachines t 6532
    amd athlon 64 procesor
    2.21 ghz
    896 mb ram
    microsoft windows xp
    media center edition
    version 2002
    service pack 2
    i left a cd in the drive and shutdown the computer
    this happened for like 2 times and when i started the third time
    the screen was black, then i checked , find out about the cd, removed it and nothing hapened the screen was black i, no bios, no windows will show, nothing at all i can hear the fan on and stays on forever.
    i shut down and restarted it and the screen shows no imput and then goes on saving mode, the computer keeps on with the fan working, and does not show nothing, not even cursor or c: can you help to diagnostic this.thank you for any help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Majorgeeks

I have moved your question to its own thread so it gets answers and questions for your issue, as info for any future questiosn this is handy guide How To Post A New Thread Requesting Support

As for your issue, initial things I would be checking is that all the cables outside and the inside ones are firmly plugged in and would generally unplug them and pop them back in one at a time, the one inside I would be looking at is the Hard Drive connection.

The I would look for the BIOS battery a button cell and take out old one and leave for 10mins with no battery then replace, the BIOS,CMOS could have become corrupt and leaving the battery out can help in clearing the BIOS, CMOS. (try not to get the battery when replacing too full of fingerprints as finger grease is not good for contacts, just a tissue.

Next if those dont work is to remove the Graphics Card (unless onboard type) and then replace incase its gotten loose or bad connection.

Check that the CPU fan is not clogged with dust as heat build up is a killer.

Then remove and replace the ram again to re-seat.

The CD being left in the drive maybe just a co-incidence to this happening as I do that often and doesnt cause issue.

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Yeah I'm thinking too to check and make sure the switch on the monitor itself is on.

4. tarmin8or

tarmin8or Private First Class

I had a screen go bad, that sounds like what happened to mine some time back. It was an e-machines screen as well.

5. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

you know, no offense, but when I saw the name emachines, I did the Picard Faceplam. LOL

6. granpepe

granpepe Private E-2

ok, let me try this at home, i will let you know what is hapening. jose t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds