Hello, Newbie here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Wendy22, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Wendy22

Wendy22 Private E-2

Hi All,

I am aprehensive as to what to post about my problem atm - do not want to go against any rules.

Mostly I am posting to see if I can possibly rid myself of Freerides. I managed to uninstall it a month ago, but now it has not only put itself back on my PC, but it is hiding now. Malwarebytes did not find it, but I know it is there because the icons are back.

All attempts to rid myself of this has failed. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Wendy and Welcome to the forum, first off.

I think we can help, as I just searched for Freerides and gained a few things from games to adventure holidays, I just want to clarify what you had installed.

If anything to do with a holiday/adventure then posts back here and we can advise on what area to next go to on the forum, if errant software then try Revo Uninstaller to see if that removes the software if found.

BUT if it was a gaming site or suspected malware then follow the below as written and our malware experts will assist you.

The malware experts here on Majorgeeks are very good, and they will see if any software is malware if its not then we may need to in Software dig deeper.

David

3. Wendy22

Wendy22 Private E-2

Thank you for your reply, DavidGP. I tried to load the Revo Uninstaller, but I get a popup box that says "connection failure". I am definitely connected to the internet via Cox....

I am pretty sure how I got this malware (or whatever it is). I called Cisco months ago asking for assistance as to how to install my new wireless router. I do not think whoever I called was legitimate. They said they could walk me through the process, AND, help me fix errors on my PC. They connected remotely (after trying three times - initial warning), then I watched what they did - first thing was to delete Malwarebytes, then out of nowhere comes Freerides. After that I turned my PC off because I did not think they were helping and might be a scam. Since then, I managed to uninstall the thing, but as of last night, it is back, but now hiding (I know it is back because when I first turn on my PC I see it in my toolbar, but then it goes incognito once the PC is completely up.).

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Just follow the instructions for malware rmeoval and attach all the requested logs into a new thread in the malware removal forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds