1. buzzbee

buzzbee Private E-2

I downloaded this to my laptop this morning. it's not quite working correctly. it is locking up, and locking up my internet. which is better, to keep trying to get it to work, or to uninstall it and start over? I'm suspecting uninstall is best

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Yes, uninstall it and then see how things run.

Note to others : Iobit is not malware, just maybe causing this user some inconvinience.

3. buzzbee

buzzbee Private E-2

first, thank you, Kestrel13. I appreciate any help with this. it's set up as a package program, and after battling my computer and the program, and losing, I removed each aspect of the program, defrag, fixit, etc. and lastly, Iobit uninstall. it would have been so much easier if I could have just clicked one ion nd the whole program was removed. instead of getting better, it got worse. much, much worse. my HP has 3 partitions, 3 different...are they considered separate C drives? or just 3 parts of one C drive? it's so several users can have their own sections on 1(?) drive, so Iobit was in one partition, and it ATE it. I can log on, but then it shuts down. so I'm in a different partition, which worked ok for a few times, then it started to be eaten. shifting over to safe mode in the first partition did not work. it would just go black on me. working in safe mode in this partition, as long as I don't shut down, obviously works fine as far as working in safe mode goes, but I can't work in normal mode. I didn't read sticky notes here (I know, DUH! but I'm not a geek, am not at all technologically inclined, and what I know (and comprehend) about computers won't fill your coffee cup), until I came back here minutes ago, and read just enough to know I shouldn't have downloaded IOBit with my computer already messed up. now it's beyond messed up and I'm sure my poking around (i.e. "fixing" it) will only make it worse. I have to have my computer functioning, cannot afford to replace it, and last I heard (many decades ago) it was $700 (shudder) to clean and repair a computer and have some data recovered. I'm a retiree in poor health and finances eaten up by medical payments. I simply haven't got that kind of money.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I suggest that you post about this in the software forum. Very best of luck in getting this resolved. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds