building first pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stev_h, Nov 16, 2005.

1. stev_h

stev_h Private E-2

hi

i reasontley got into fixing my own pc and enjoyed doing it ide like to get more into building them

my brother has asked if i would put 1 together to replace the very old thing his wife has

a pentium 2 would be like an 100% upgrade on the slow thing she has now but i can get hold of a couple of pentium3 (the black box ones)

the trouble is looking at all the different powe and mhz how do i tell which will go together is there eney books i can buy to get the basics? or is it easy to workout

ime hopeing to goto collage to build computers but would like to no the basics and that i can build 1 first

thanks for eney help

stev

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

If you google "CPUs and their correct sockets" or something like that, you might get the result you're looking for.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds