couponprinter.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by Qapla, May 19, 2011.

1. Qapla

Qapla Private E-2

My wife has decided to try using more coupons to save money shopping. I've seen the commercials on TV for Coupon Suzy and looked up the website.

Turns out, to print the coupons you need to d/l a "coupon print 'driver' " that comes as couponprinter.exe. I tried to Google to get additional info. I found some, but most of what I found is from 2008.

Seems that the AP gathers some rather detailed info from the computer and installs some registry entries in some unusual places with some odd names.

My question is if this .exe is safe to use (now in 2011) or are there some of the same issues that were mentioned from 2008.

Any help is appreciated.

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

I don't imagine anything has changed. What you get (coupons) is in exchange for your privacy.

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

My wife tried to install this. Fortunately, since it uses Activex controls and we don't use IE, it wouldn't install.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think you dodged a bullet. ;)
    I spent some time reading about this last night and got conflicting opinions. Some say, no problem while others say it is too invasive. I was going to respond that I would not install it on any of my computers. (I'm female and do appreciate good coupons but not at that price). One of the people advising against installing this was TeMerc. Since he is a well noted malware fighter, I respect his opinions because he looks at a lot more malware than I do. http://temerc.com/about.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds