Gateway Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimbtaylor, Aug 8, 2006.

1. jimbtaylor

jimbtaylor Private E-2

I am getting a red power indicator when turning the machine on. Model# e3600 desktop. Does any one know what this indicates exactly?

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

welcome to major geeks!

can you explain the problem a little more? for example where the light comes on at or if the light is on because your computer is not working properly

3. jimbtaylor

jimbtaylor Private E-2

yes the machine does not post and it only has a red power light instead of a green which would be normal.

4. padams

padams First Sergeant

How long ago did you get your gateway? Is it still under warranty?

5. jimbtaylor

jimbtaylor Private E-2

yes it is under warranty but gateway is the worst tech support. They want you to troubleshoot by taking everything out of the system. It is in a school and I don't have the time to do all the stuff they want to be done. If anyone know what the red power led means I can fake it with tech support and get a part on order from them

6. peterparker

peterparker Corporal

Check your power supply. If you don't want to use a meter, you can get a cheap tester at any computer store.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds