For The Record

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by star17, Jun 19, 2009.

1. star17

star17 MajorGeek

I am not a Microsoft MVP. I did, however, stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

That is all.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

LMAO :)

betcha next we will have an influx of members claiming to be astronauts!!

Mmmm just noticed the holiday inn express stay..... watcha do to make the abbynator kick you out, you playing a prank ;)

3. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Not a prank, a play on a TV commercial that runs over here featuring people claiming to be something more than they really are simply due to staying at the hotel.

Abby's a wuss; she's more Abby-pussycat than Abby-nator. Can you tell I'm laying the groundwork for a war here?:-D

Had some free time from meetings this morning 'cause it ain't my part of the spaceship that's borked, so thought I'd pop in and stir something up.:)

4. DavidGP

Ah gotcha, while not a bad hotel I wouldnt be claiming that I'm something I'm not by staying their.... the main Holiday Inns are ok, but not in league of Radisson, Hilton or Novotel etc Stayed in one a few times in London, ok but not spectacular, maybe they different in US.

Hahhahahhahahahhaha YES! wonder how long it will take her to see this thread, or read my PM and link to it ;)

So a no-go for this weekend then?

You dont stir Chris, you knead and mix like a good chef :)

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hi Star not seen you around for a while, nice to see you back.
    I hope you are looking after our astronaut (the Belgian one)

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

...and looking after our pretty Julie Payette.;)

7. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Hi Chris too funny!

And BTW i am not a astronaut but i did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night!

Oh yea you still up for that paint job? ;) That 1984 Pontiac Trans-Am 15 Anniversary is waiting for paint it has its new motor in it ;) lol

8. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Abby wuss huh? Pussycat? hrmmm Must have slipped your mind that this pussycat has massive claws? Interesting when you bear the scars....me thinks next time won't be an accident but rather result in a trip to the ER so you can get stitched up. What time you getting home today? :-D

Note: Moving you from Holiday Inn Express to Motel 6. Enjoy!

9. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I own NASA, so therefore I own you all!

10. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Stop!

Don't encourage him!

J/K Spaceman Spiff, I think your VP status is great! :-D

11. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Ooooh, I'll have to buy diaper stock! ;)

I haven't seen nor heard from either of them since last fall. They still owe me a favor so when I get some time I'll head up their way and see what the deal is.

Nope. NET(no earlier than) 11 July.

Excellent!! It will be nice to come home to a bed that's been made for a change :-D

Bill and Augie, your 'nauts are in good hands.

Jon, you own NASA you pay the bills! ;) Have you still go the band?

Boom, good to see you. We'll see if this thread morphs into one of those fun ones from back in the day.

12. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Umm the band is on hold whilst the others do exams, but I'm hoping to get some recording done soon, thanks for the reminder *goes to send email to band members*!

13. DavidGP

Good insider tip on a stock to buy ;) could imagine one dive in the vomit comet they would passout!

Guess as you alluded to there are some issues.

Hahahahahahaha LMAO, I think you can forget Motel6 as your winging your way to sleeping in a tent or on the beach on present trajectory :-D

Good stuff, would like to hear some more, when you guys get the chance.

14. Mankind

Mankind Just call me MK - RIP 2014

Just what I needed to start my saturday on the right foot.MK wipes dribbled coffee off of chin and looks for a laughing bib.:-D Good to hear from you Star.I love those commercials.

15. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Hi Brad, long time no yack. Hope you've been well. Put up a photo of yourself sometime, I need some photochop practice! :-D

16. DavidGP

Hahahahah OMG reminds me of the old photochopping we did years ago, I still have a photochop of brad and flamer as teletubbies! think phantom (barry) did a superhero one of many of us which was too funny! Think I ended up in a tutu at one point, but lets not go there!!!!

17. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I think I may have seen that one. LOL

18. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Yeah, let's not! :-D

Dave, remember the "Where's Kodo" chopathons? Those were classic, and Abby making the farting baby CP video, the chops of Scouse, Phantom turning into a photochopping madman and even way back when I'd get into it with Rivergod and we'd Gilligan photochop everyone. And the Barney Brigade clickable titles we'd stick on the annoying kiddie members. So much fun with no worries of prosecution. :-D

19. DavidGP

Yeah Chris, lets not.

Hahhaha yeah on the Kodo-chopathons and the dancing babies that Abby created where a hoot, Barry Photo chopping like a daemon where funny as hell, and the Barney Brigade titles need to come back for WC posters ;) hehehehe

20. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last week, but not the express :)

21. DavidGP

Good choice :)

Last Full proper Holiday Inn I stayed at in Belfast had comp half bottle of vino and cheese plate each day so thumbs up from me, think though it was more like I booked through Uk Gov bokking agency for it, NOooooooo I not paying back my expences :-D

22. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Me and the wife stopped at a Holiday inn a couple of month ago it was really bad they said it was 5 star, Yeah ! We could see four of the stars through the ceiling.

23. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

That joke's so old it lives in a nursing home.

24. Mankind

Ask an ye shall receive.[​IMG]

25. DavidGP

Dood you have some pecks on you!

26. Mankind

Yes I do Halo.the kind you like but you will not get close to coppin a feel.:-D

27. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Hey, we should try that on the funding requests at work!:-D By the way, both your Ares lists are on your desk for tomorrow. :)

28. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Disguised as what? Paper clips? rolleyes

29. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

@ M.K. that P/Chop keeps coming back to haunt me, LoL! I think I've created some kind of Frankenstein! ...LOL.

Yep, I miss the 'Golden Days' of M.G.'s, too. Somehow I managed to avoid getting 'chickenized' and turned into a dancing fowl ;). Kodo/Jim used to get chopped remorselessly, and not just by me, eh. M.A. in a thong, is one image I've tried very hard to forget! :puke I seem to also remember we had some bizarre, (and hilarious) threads on the art of flatulence, LoL - you had to be there. Oh yeah, I remember Halo in a yellow dress and big birthday cake.:-D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  30. Mankind

Phant,its prolly cause you are so good at it.Did you do this one or did Andy?[​IMG]

Chris,here is an untouched pic for you to practice on.:) [​IMG]

31. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Excellent Brad! I may have some time over the weekend and if so, I'll chop you up! :-D

32. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

to Mankind
    In #24, that looks more like boobs than pecs.

33. Phantom

...They do,...and they are. ~ Close scrutiny will reveal 'he's' also wearing a red dress.roflmao

@ M.K.:- I didn't do the A-Team one. Must have been Andy or Brainless.;)

34. Mankind

I have the Halo in a yellow dress on my hd,but I don`t want to get banned again.Lost at least 3000 posts last time.:)Star I am looking for a better pic for ya.I always can use a good laugh at my expense as long as everyone else enjoys it too.

35. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

hey I seem to remember something about Kodo and the yellow shorts..... anyone else remember those?

36. N5638J

N5638J Guest

The Platypus? And the shorts fell off radar some time ago...

37. AbbySue

The yeller shorts are in the hands of...oops...can't tell ya! LOL Last I spoke with the last recipient, they were all set to be mailed to....(can't tell ya again!) and he just hadn't made it to the post office. I lost his phone number when I dropped my old cell phone down the stairs :eek I'll have to see what I can do about getting in touch with him so we can get them moving again. :-D

On another note...good to see ya Jack!:)

38. AbbySue

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh how I miss the PC days and whadya know?...I've started fiddling with graphics again after a long hiatus.

I figure I'll be to tired Sunday to do much so I expect a little chopping will be in order....;):-D:cool

39. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Yellow shorts???

I'm intrigued! LOL

MGers chop? Who knew!!?! I love to chop. :-D

I may get in on this action. hehe

40. star17

star17 MajorGeek

[​IMG]

41. AbbySue

LOL!! The more the merrier! :-D

42. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I got a MVP, so guess i need a better class of hotel now? ;)

43. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Congrats MA :clap

44. DavidGP

Yup think nothing worse that a 4 star hotel from now on MA, hotel suspects now are Ramada, Novotel, Hilton etc

INNs are for drinking in not sleeping ;)

45. Phantom

Actually they were Eric/eclayton's, if memory serves me correctly. I gave him plenty of razzing and 'chopping over those crazy, baggy Hockey duds. :-D

46. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Phantom will tell ya, the yellow shorts made it to space...sorta ;)

Brad, got the PM's but no time to follow through today. Won't have any time this week to chop around as a busy week ahead getting Endeavour ready for Saturday evening's launch. Will try after next weekend if time permits, didn't want you to think I'd forgotten! :)

47. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

I am thinking someone burned them instead of sending them along to the next "victum"

It would be great to see Eric here again. ;)

48. Mankind

No prob,you got bigger issues to deal with.;)

49. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Not really "issues" per se, just a busy work schedule. ;)

You want to see some people with issues, read some of the lounge posts.:-D

...and Cindysnoopy, Goldfish, Grafix, Rivergod, Kodo, Insomniac, Matacumbie, FW 190, General_Lee-Stoned, Fleppen, Dperino, Strogg, Scouse, ColonelAngus, Suesman, Iceman, Musky Bob, Gottheit, Slider, T-Rex, and most of all LLC....to name a few :)

50. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Gosh spaceman you sure know how to bring back the memories. Would love to hear from all of those peeps. Are most of them still lurking here or have they all moved on?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds