Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by fattwinkie, Oct 27, 2008.

1. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

So I have a question before I go to install Windows Server 2003 on my server PC.

My server PC I want to run Windows Server 2003. This server will be running as a website server for a small business, a file server for the rest of the computers on the network, and a printer server that will be sharing the printer with the rest of the computers on the network.

I only have one problem though. The server PC has Windows XP on it right now and the rest of the computer have Windows Vista. The file and website stuff works, however sharing the printer with Vista computers won't happen because og the compatibility issues between Windows XP and Vista without going through a process.

Will Windows Server 2003 be able to share the printer with the Vista computers without trouble like Windows XP has?

2. WharfRat

WharfRat Guest

it should not be an issue, might have to install new printer drivers on the client PCs though

3. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

Why would I have to install new drivers?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds