Internet connection shuts down spontaneously

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gil_mo, Jul 14, 2005.

1. gil_mo

gil_mo Private E-2

Dear Support people,

My dialup connection dials and attempts connection, but as soon as the actual internet connection begins, the dialup window spontaneously closes, the connection icon disappears and I get the explorer screen telling me I'm not connected.

It looks as if some virus prevents me from connecting... However I ran Kaspersky with the latest update and found nothing.

Here's the HJT log:

BTW, there are several other irregularities in the system, even in safe mode.
    For example, the "search files" window refuses to open, services window shuts down spontaneously in some occasions, and other weird stuff.

I tried also applying the exact procedure in http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 - except for anything there that implied using the Internet (updates, online scan etc), and the trouble is still there...

Thanks!!
    Gil.

Attached Files:

• hjt.txt
      File size:
      4.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  2. gil_mo

gil_mo Private E-2

*bump*

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

It take it you are in Israel, at least you ISP is; couple of questions?

Do you connect to the internert via a proxy server?

Are you running both Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal and Norton Anti-virus? Your O23 NT Services indicate that you are using both. Pick one uninstall the other, I would recommend you keep Kaspersky.

What firewall are you using? Your system services indicated to me that you are not using a software firewall.

Is MSN Messenger running and displayed in the system tray?

Do you recongnize this?
    O16 - DPF: {F59AB0C4-3443-4551-A78F-C101F9DE0215} (LauncherV1 Class) - http://irc.tapuz.co.il/sp/launcher.cab

4. gil_mo

gil_mo Private E-2

True, I'm in Israel.
    - I don't know whether I'm connected thru a proxy server (I think not, I'll find it out).
    - I'm using an evaluation version of Kaspersky on top of Norton (extra virus capturing), I'll be removing it.
    - I'm not using a firewall.
    - It might be that the MSN msgs (not the Messenger) is launching at startup, should I eliminate it?
    - the irc is a chat I'm using, I recognize it.

Please advise,

Thanks for your reply!
    Gil.

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

The reason I ask about the proxy server is you have this line in you hjt log:
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.168.230:8080

Run only one AV program. If you are running more than one they can and often do interfere with each other.

I highly recommend you use a firewall. There are several decent ones available here at Major Geeks. I would recommend you install and use either Sygate Personal Firewall Free or ZoneAlarm Free both are very good software firewalls.

If you aren't using MSN Messenger, then you should disable it.

Also after further examination of you HJT log it would appear that your system is infected with WORM_AGOBOT.GY worm.

Follow the instructions in this thread READ ME FIRST BEFORE ASKING FOR SUPPORT: Basic Spyware, Trojan And Virus Removal and post back in the Spyware Specific Forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds