Is there a way to change colors on the GUI?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DON GAYNOR, Aug 2, 2015.

1. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

I'm old and having difficulty reading posts. The forums appear in two-tone gold which lacks contrast to tired old eyes. Is there any way to change the default color scheme for the site?

I know that I can use the High Contrast setting in Windows but that's ugly and Major Geeks is the only color combination that I have difficulty reading.

TIA

Don :major

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

In Internet Explorer you can change the colours.
    Click Tools > Internet options > Accessibility and check Ignore colors specified on webpages.
    Then click Colors and uncheck Use Windows colors. You can then select whatever colours suite you.

Here's a sample.

Attached Files:

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Pale Moon:
    • Options > Options
    • Viewing the Content tab - under the Fonts and Colors heading, click the "Colors" button
    • UN-tick "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
    • Select new "Text and Background" colors
    • Click OK button twice to close the two GUI's and save your changes.

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

NOTE:

The above changes will become the defaults colors for every webpage you visit.

5. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

NoSquint works great in Firefox and Pale Moon browsers as plastidust says. Here is a pic how MajorGeeks looks like with Text Black and Background White looks like and Full Zoom and Text Zoom at 125% enabled. You can adjust all per site or globally. It won't work though in the reply box when replying which will show in green. You can also enlarge the text etc globally or per website. I wouldn't know what to do without it. :)

EDIT: Pic is not working.

7. oma

oma MajorGeek

See if pic works now because it exceeded the pixels.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds