Win 7 Can't Connect to internet except by manuel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by g6qwerty, Jun 15, 2012.

1. g6qwerty

g6qwerty Private E-2

I'm installing some programs for a friend on their laptop and it won't connect to my home network, my windows xp computer works just fine, and connects on both cables.

Its going from Cable Box > Router > Switch > Computer

The router see the laptop with Win 7 and asigns it an IP which if put in Manually the internet works (dns, and gateways ips too)

I uninstalled McAfee Free, from the computer and I didn't check to see if the internet was working or not before I removed it.

It's all up to date but i don't know whats wrong.

I tried fixing it with supperanti spyware repair feature, but that didn't work.

Though my computer, the Onboard Lan on the motherboard died and did the same thing but this is a new computer so it shouldn't do that. Though i never did get the on board lan working though.

Any help would be much appreciated, though its tonight and in the morning i got to work on it. I'm a windows xp user, so windows 7 is just pain in the but to use for control panel options.

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Check that the DHCP service is running in the Services. I had a new laptop that wouldn't connect to any hotel networks. One trip I discovered that the DHCP service was set to manual. As soon as I started the service, it connected just fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds