Simply Cannot Remove PC Tools Antivirus 6.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by tiffanycameille, Mar 1, 2011.

1. tiffanycameille

tiffanycameille Private E-2

I'm having trouble removing PC Tools Antivirus 6.1 from my computer. I have tried the Add or Remove Program with no luck. I'm told it's missing the uninstall file. I went and tried to manually remove the files and am not able to. At the moment I don't have a program that'll take care of that problem. Looking up what to do I was shown The Panda Uninstaller for removing PC Tools Antivirus 6.1 and was hoping it'd take care of the problem. I have had no luck there as well. Before trying another thing and possibly making a larger problem for myself, I thought I should try asking someone who knows and I'm sure I've come to the right place.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Tiffany

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, tiffanycameille.

How did you originally install the program - do you have a downloaded file or a CD/DVD with the program?

The reason I ask: one thing you might try is to reinstall the program (which should replace the missing uninstall file), and then try uninstalling again.

Be advised: the moderators may move this thread to the Software forum.

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

As Caliban has already suggested, try to install the program again and then try to uninstall it. If you are are still having issues with the uninstall then i woulld suggest that you use this .....

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

this is excellent software for forceing uninstall and clearing up left over residues of files and registry and more to the point is very easy to use.

iain.t :major

4. tiffanycameille

Thank you kindly for your reply. I'll keep that in mind.

5. tiffanycameille

It's my mother's computer and she has a guy that takes care of her p.c. issues, but it's when he can get around to it. He's the one that installed it and she talked like it was from a disc.

What I did was reinstall Malwarebytes like I had been wanting to do. Then I used Malwarebytes' Flie Assassin to remove the few files I wasn't able to delete on my own. I was able to then remove all traces of the PC Tools program.

Thank you all who took the time to reply to my post. You guys are awesome!

6. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good job! Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for the feedback. :major

7. tiffanycameille

Ah, I installed that Revo Uninstaller! I use it to uninstall some games and it worked so well, I just wanted to keep uninstalling things. Thank you again, iain.t :D

8. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

You are more than welcome ;) I use it all the time, it's an excellent tool !! every time i've had bother to uninstall stuff in the past i have just run that and it's cleaned the lot.

iain.t :major

9. doc_holiday688

doc_holiday688 Private E-2

Thanks for the post that finally solved my darn PC Tools AV 6.1 uninstall issue. It not only started up everytime I turned on my computer but would'nt uninstall. I thought that I had tried everything and was ready to give up untill I happened on your conversation with tiffanycameille. I installed Revo Uninsaller v1.92 and success at last!!!!! Thanks again

10. tiffanycameille

i love the unistaller. i downloaded it for my mom's p.c. now i'm doing it for mine ;D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds