new user

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by haps, Jun 19, 2008.

1. haps

haps Private E-2

Testing if I can post, because I can't make a response to a malware removal thread!

2. haps

haps Private E-2

Thought I should mention it's in response to this thread. I am a desktop admin at a large company and we are currently infected by this.

I don't know if its a zero day or not, but it's a new variant on an old worm/botnet from 2005/6 as far as my and my departments research can tell.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.

MGs does not allow anyone to respond to Malware threads other than it's own Malware experts. The only way to get help here is to follow the Read and Run Me First thread and post logs. If you go through the threads that are being worked on, you'll see why. They are some of the best out there at it.

You can post answers anywhere else though that you have knowledge. :)

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Y0Y0Y0! :wave2:major!
    I, and everybody else here, strive to be helpful.
    Where did you get that gif that says hello?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds