Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Anagarika, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Anagarika

Anagarika Private E-2

Hi Everyone,

I've been checking out Majorgeeks for a while and now decided to join as this site is full of useful info I need.

My main interest is securing my home system .. and understanding the working of network / OS in general.

As first question, I need to know why an external drive partition failed to be read in Vista?

Version: Vista Home Premium, comes with ACER Aspire notebook series.
    USB Drive: Lacie, 40GB in size. It's formatted as FAT32 and divided into 2 partition.

Both partition can be seen on Win XP (I have another laptop to check) and fully used, but one of it cannot be seen on Vista. Using Disk Manager to try to check and enable it, it keeps saying error saying that Disk Manager is not updated, try to refresh, etc.(unfortunately, I forgot the exact error). I tried the step instructed by the error, but result is the same. This partition can be seen as exist on Disk Manager, and similarly the other one., however, the drive letter and content cannot be viewed.

I have tried copying out the content and formatting the drive again, but same result.

I know about search (been member in other, especially Symbian related forums), and I'll do that shortly, but seems that asking here (hey, newbie privilege :-D ) is easier ..

Thanks a lot!
    Chris (Anagarika)

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

Try posting in the software or hardware forums.
    You will get better advice in there as this is the welcome center for new members.

Good Luck.

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Welcome aboard Chris and good luck :)

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :cool

E

5. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

hello :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds