So new to this and having problems

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by thebears28, Jun 24, 2008.

1. thebears28

thebears28 Private E-2

Hi All

Just joined up, so go easy on me.

My home PC is having trouble, currently running through the XP Cleansing procedure with the SuperAntiSpyware programme searching my two 250gb fixed hard drives.

No threats detected so moving on.

Anyway the problem is with IE 7 it opens but wont run certain things like if you select windows updater and the like.

Hope to have it fixed soon.

Regards
    Dale

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Can you do it from safe mode? Tap f8 on reboot, choose safe mode with networking. This disables all drivers, startup items and most processes. Makes scanning easier because nothing else is running, especially malware that may intentionally try and stop you from removing it with these programs. Let us know!

3. thebears28

thebears28 Private E-2

I have a BT keyboard and it doesnt connect till windows starts. ill need to bring one home from work tomorrow to try that :(

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Yes, do that. Eventually you will need to go to safe mode to complete most malware scanning, so I would hold off until you can.

5. thebears28

thebears28 Private E-2

Thanks Major,

I think it is to do with Active x controls for some reason, not sure though.

Ill get a keyboard tomorrow. I have ran all the tools up to ComboFix and nothing has been found yet!

Cheers
    Dale :major

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds